We are really excited to officially introduce our latest building project. Mountain Lodge replaces our existing Lodge and will offer much more. It is the largest project Medeba has ever undertaken and will significantly impact everyone who comes to Medeba including summer campers and guest groups.
Mountain Lodge consists of three major rooms:
- Summit Hall – a multi-purpose meeting room for groups up to 200 people. Now, everyone on site can meet indoors in one location. (Our old Lodge could only comfortably accommodate groups of up to 100 whereas the rest of the facility supports up to 200 people)
- Canyon Lounge – a youth hang-out area with table games, café tables and couches which can also serve as another meeting room. (Currently there is no indoor space at Medeba for youth to hang out)
- Crag Climbing Gym – a separate rock climbing gym including a climbing cave, rappelling and a vertical ropes element.
- 8,442 total building square footage over two floors
- 2.8 times the square footage of the current lodge
- 4,576 square feet building footprint
- located over the footprint of our current Lodge
- an additional 1,000 square feet of covered porch area
- 1,200 square foot climbing gym with 12 climbing routes 24’ high
- radiant floor heating on both floors
- vaulted ceiling in the main meeting room
- April 2016 – Construction begins. Set up of a 30 x 70ft Events Tent with flooring in the lower field to replace the meeting space in the lodge.
- Thanksgiving 2016 – Building shell and Summit Hall completion
- Summer 2017 – Canyon Lounge and Crag Climbing Gym on-line
- The total cost of Mountain Lodge is $950,000.
- This is four times the cost of the largest project we have ever undertaken. As always, funding for capital projects is not covered by fees but by donations from friends of Medeba.